Indians have known the health benefits of turmeric for thousands of years. More recent studies have proven that the people of India were right in their use of turmeric for medicinal purposes. Grown in South Asia, this herb in the Ginger family (Zingiberaceae) was first known as Indian Saffron. The root system of bulbous rhizomes boiled and dried produces a product that is then ground into a powder. Turmeric has a peppery and somewhat bitter flavor, is deep yellowish orange in color, and is used to make curry.The active ingredient in turmeric, curcumin, has anti-inflammatory and disinfecting properties. This explains its healing powers when applied to cuts and abrasions. Taken orally as an anti-inflammatory, turmeric does not have the side-effects commonly associated with some modern pharmaceutical medicines. These include intestinal bleeding, ulcers, and the decrease of white blood cells. This makes turmeric a safe alternative to some non-prescription drugs. As a natural anti-inflammatory, turmeric aids in giving relief to sufferers of arthritis, osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis. It may also slow the progression of multiple sclerosis.
- ALL NATURAL, NON-GMO, NO FILLERS, BINDERS OR PRESERVATIVES: All of our products are natural and organic, with no additives or fillers!
- TRADITIONALLY MADE IN GREECE: Our products are traditionally made in Greece, like our ancestors, to maintain the best aromas and flavors!
- HEALTHY & DELICIOUS: Our goal in our stressful everyday life is to bring pure and therapeutic products to people who want to take care of their health!
- HIGHEST QUALITY INGREDIENTS: We only use pure and raw ingredients in all our products!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device