Saffron original from Kozani
Greek Saffron is considered one of the best varieties in the world, of excellent quality, aroma and color.
If God Hermes had not accidentally killed his mortal friend Crocus in the Greek myth, we’d never have got the wonderful flower, with its deep purple petals and beautiful aroma.
In Kozani, a small town in northern Greece, flowers from the Crocus sativus plant are cultivated by the Saffron Producers Cooperative, which is based in the village of Krokos. Here, some of the best quality, organic and Protected Designation of Origin-certified saffron is grown and marketed as Krokos Kozanis.
Each flower has only three crimson stigmas, meaning that around 170,000 flowers are required to yield one kilo of saffron. Considering the patient process of harvesting it, it’s no wonder this is one of the most expensive ingredients in the world.
- ALL NATURAL, NON-GMO, NO FILLERS, BINDERS OR PRESERVATIVES: All of our products are natural and organic, with no additives or fillers!
- TRADITIONALLY MADE IN GREECE: Our products are traditionally made in Greece, like our ancestors, to maintain the best aromas and flavors!
- HEALTHY & DELICIOUS: Our goal in our stressful everyday life is to bring pure and therapeutic products to people who want to take care of their health!
- HIGHEST QUALITY INGREDIENTS: We only use pure and raw ingredients in all our products!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device