Pure Salep Powder for Hot Drinking and Ice Cream Making w/o additives or fillers. Salep is a flour made from the dried tubers (roots) of the orchid genus orchis mascula. These tubers contain a nutritious, starchy polysaccharide called glucomannan. Salep flour is consumed in beverages and desserts, especially in India where it is a traditional winter beverage. In Greece it has also a very old tradition and we produce it from wild orchis mascula tubers. Hot Salep drink recipe: 1 teaspoon pure Salep with the desired amount of sugar (recommended 3 tablespoons) mix. Mix this mixture half-liter daily into the milk. Cook slowly without stirring on low heat. After boiling, continue to cook by stirring until it is at the lowest heat (about 15-20 minutes). The most important point in the preparation of this drink is that you should constantly mix. If you want, you can put cinnamon or vanilla into the pot during cooking. After
turning off let it cool down a bit. After you put in glasses, you can serve them with some cinnamon.
If you want to make without sugar, you can try flavoring with carob molasses.
Greek grandmother’s rule: At least one cup a day. Here's to your health!
- ALL NATURAL, NON-GMO, NO FILLERS, BINDERS OR PRESERVATIVES: All of our products are natural and organic, with no additives or fillers!
- TRADITIONALLY MADE IN GREECE: Our products are traditionally made in Greece, like our ancestors, to maintain the best aromas and flavors!
- HEALTHY & DELICIOUS: Our goal in our stressful everyday life is to bring pure and therapeutic products to people who want to take care of their health!
- HIGHEST QUALITY INGREDIENTS: We only use pure and raw ingredients in all our products!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device